LAKE VIEW BIBLE CHURCH
Our Doctrinal Statement
1. We believe in the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments as verbally inspired by God and inerrant in the original writings, and that they are of supreme and final authority in faith and life. II Timothy 3:16-17; II Peter 1:20-21
2. We believe in one God, eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. II Corinthians 13:14; Matthew 28:19
3. We believe that Jesus Christ was begotten by the Holy Spirit, born of the virgin Mary and is true God and true man. Luke 1:26-35; John 1:10-18
4. We believe that man was created in the image of God; that he sinned and thereby incurred not only physical death but also spiritual death which is separation from God; and that all human beings are born with a sinful nature, and in the case of those who reach moral responsibility, become sinners in thought, word and deed. Romans 3:9-20; 5:12; John 3:1-21
5. We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins, according to the Scriptures, as a representative and substitutional sacrifice; and that all who believes in Him are justified on the ground of His shed blood, and saved by grace through faith, wholly apart from human merit and works. I Corinthians 15:3-4; Hebrews 9:22; Romans 5:8-9; Ephesians 2:8-10
6. We believe in the resurrection of the crucified body of our Lord, in His ascension into heaven and His present life there for us as High Priest and Advocate. I Corinthians 15:3-4; Acts 1:9-11; Hebrews 4:14-16; I John 2:1-2
7. We believe that all who receives by faith the Lord Jesus Christ are born again of the Holy Spirit, and thereby become children of God; that they are indwelt and sealed by the Holy Spirit and are secure unto the day of redemption. John 1:12-13; I Corinthians 6:19-20; Ephesians 1:13-14; Ephesians 4:30
8. We believe that Church of Jesus Christ was begun at Pentecost, is composed solely of believers; is the Body and Bride of our Lord; is distinct from Israel; and that its business is to win lost souls to Christ, and to edify and perfect the saints in the Lord. Matthew 28:19; Acts 2:1-4, 41; I Corinthians 12:12-13; Ephesians 1:22-23, 4:11-13, 5:23-32
9. We believe that for the person who receives the Lord Jesus Christ as his Savior, water baptism is an ordained testimony portraying the believer's union with Christ in His death, burial, and resurrection. We believe that Jesus Christ instituted the Lord's Supper to commemorate His death till He comes. Moreover, we believe that neither water baptism nor the Lord's Supper has any saving merit. John 1:12-13; Romans 6:3-4; I Corinthians 11:23-26
10. We believe that the Scriptures clearly teach every believer to live a life of separation unto the Lord from all worldly and sinful practices; to abide in Christ; to walk in the Spirit; and to enjoy victory over the world, the flesh and the devil. Romans 12:1-2; II Corinthians 6:4-7:1; I John 2:15-17; Colossians 3:1-17
11. We believe in "that blessed hope", the personal and imminent coming of our Lord in the air for His saints. We believe in the personal, visible and glorious return of Christ to the earth, with His saints. We believe that between these events shall occur the seven years of Daniel's seventieth week (Daniel 9:27), the last three and one half years of which mark "The Great Tribulation", culminating in the battle of Armageddon. I Thessalonians 4:13-18; Titus 2:11-14; Matthew 24:27-30; Revelation 19:17-21.
12. We believe that the gifts and calling of God are without repentance, and therefore His covenant people, Israel, now "Scattered and peeled", shall be redeemed and re-gathered to Palestine; and under the personal and millennial reign of Christ upon David's throne in Jerusalem, shall become the head of the nations. Romans 11:25-32; Isaiah 11:1-12; Revelation 20:4
13. We believe in the bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, the everlasting blessedness of the saved and the everlasting punishment of the lost. John 5:28-29; Revelation 20:11-15; II Thessalonians 1:6-9; Revelation 21:1-8; Matthew 25:41 and 46; Revelation 20:4-6
14. We believe that Satan is a personal being, a fallen angel, the prince of demons, the great enticer and deceiver, the god of this age, and the adversary of Christ and His Church, and that his destiny is eternal punishment. Isaiah 14:12-15; II Corinthians 4:3-4; 11:14; I Peter 5:8; Revelation 1, 2:9-11; 20:10; Acts 2:6-8
15. We acknowledge that God is sovereign and can give the gift of tongues whenever He pleases. But we believe God's word teaches:
a. That the gift of tongues was a gift of foreign languages for the purpose of telling the Gospel to others.
b. That such a gift was neither an essential to prove the presence of the Holy Spirit nor an indication of deep spiritual experience. (cf. Corinthians) Acts 2:6-8
C. We, the Lake View Bible Church, declare our conviction that the present day tongues movement is contrary to God's work, and therefore we do not accept nor retain as members in our church anyone who participates in this movement.